Friday, September 25, 2009

Wonderful Update

Things continue to go smoothly in Ethiopia this time around. Praise God!

I received this email from Mike sent out at 11:25 our time:

I'm typing from Yebsabi house...son looking on. We have a visa
and our son is coming home! Most excellent.

i spent most of the day travelling to and from Abu's grandfather's village. A hair
raising experience to say the least. The terrain was absolutely
treacherous...mountainous...breathtaking...landslides...near
accidents/swerves...full package. When we finally arrived, I met
Abu's grandfather. An elderly gentleman who greeted me by kissing my feet
and crying. . . .

We're leaving in 20 min to head to the airport. . . . Can't wait to bring
our boy home. (our bald boy btw)



(For those of you who may not be aware, the comment about the baldness is completely positive based on many recent adoptive parent's stuggles with lice. We are totally pleased on all fronts!)

All believers, come here and listen, let me tell you what God did for me.
I called out to him with my mouth, my tongue shaped the sounds of music.
If I had been cozy with evil, the Lord would never have listened.
But he most surely did listen, he came on the double when he heard my prayer.
Blessed be God: he didn't turn a deaf ear, he stayed with me, loyal in his love.
(Psalm 66:16-20)

5 comments:

Crazy Roots in Africa said...

How beautiful a picture. Your family is redeeming his grandson's life as a lost orphan and he showed you honor and gratitude. I can't wait to kiss the feet of my Jesus, His journey to meet me was treacherous too.
Tears are for joy today! Thanks.
Gina Root AWAA YG

Jen said...

Oh, this just brings tears to my eyes! Congratulations, we are so happy for you! (America World paperchasing family) =)

Gina said...

Wonderful wonderful news! So happy for you! Gina Corderman (another AWAA mom!) Home with Eli (8/22/09)

Laura Fenske said...

I'm so happy for you, Kristy! It has to be such a relief to know that everything went so smoothly for Mike and that he and Abu are on their way home!!!

kim said...

Yea Tapper family!!! I am so excited for you all :) God is good and faithful!!!

Blessings,
Kim