Saturday, April 10, 2010

Saturdays

Today was one of those Saturdays that you just love, a work-together-and-play-together type of Saturday. It included Abby's first dance lesson, clearing out winter stuff/wrongly-sized clothes from closets, de-cluttering and reorganizing, a bike ride to the park, and a fundraising dinner at the church for a Ukraine missions team.

A friend at the dinner tonight said, "I just love watching your family. The kids just seem so bonded." That comment warms my heart. I think it's true, too. And quite amazing. Four kids. From three continents. Who have been together all of six months. Learning to love. Teaching love.

Yeah, it was a good day.








This one demands commentary. This picture was snapped shortly after an exchange in which I asked why Jadon wasn't riding his trike, and he responded: "Mom, I want to walk it. My bum is just too tired."
Oh, and I just love the serious expression on Andrew's face in the next one. Let's say this: When this kid does something, he means business.



2 comments:

Gramma said...

WOW! Looks like it was a GREAT day. I wish we could have been there. We love you!
Pappy & Gramma

Karen said...

Oh - It's so great to be able to stop by and see all these wonderful pictures of your family. You all look great and I can see LOVE written all over the kids faces! blessings Kristy!! Karen Wistrom www.family-from-afar.blogspot.com