Monday, October 17, 2011

Les Livres du Lundi

Current Read-aloud: I have been reading A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle aloud to the children. They are enthralled. We are just a couple chapters from the end and they can hardly stand for me to close the book each night, always begging for "just a little more." I think I can remember doing something like that myself as a child...

Jadon's Pick: This week, we picked up The Rumor from the library. Its cover describes it as "A Jataka Tale from India." From the vibrant illustrations to the Chicken Little-like plot to the patterned story-telling to the happy resolution, all four of my kids (ages 4-8) loved this story. Jadon did spot one "mistake," however...after the one hair leaves the multitude to discover the truth, Jadon was quick to notice that there wouldn't be one thousand hairs waiting for his return because now there would only be nine hundred and ninety-nine hairs!

1 comment:

Mom said...

Kris, You are right, but your brother was even worse with his begging for me to keep reading! (Probably because he didn't enjoy reading by himself as much as you did.) Love ya!