- two snack packs of cookies (carefully opened, cookies removed)
- a package or carrots (divided into 2 appropriate serving sizes and placed within "cookie"
- an "April Fools" note from ME (also placed in package)
- double-stick tape (used to reseal "cookie" package)
- two lunch boxes (into which "cookie" package is inserted with other food items and placed in its usual spot within the refrigerator for tomorrow morning's backpack loading convenience)
Hee, hee, hee, hee, hee...
Update: This prank was terrifically succesful from a surprise stand-point. Both boys admitted being startled by the sight of carrots in their snack pack. However, neither thought the removal of their cookies in favor of a vegetable was particularly funny...just very (insert overdone eye-roll) Mom-ish. (They love me!)