- packed most all of our belongings into a moving truck Wednesday
- moved ourselves and a few essentials to our beautiful "transitional" home in Winterport
- Mike drove the moving truck to Quebec on Thursday
- closed the deal on our old house on Friday morning
- had a farewell party for me at the YMCA where I have worked
- recieved an update from our adoption agency on A__ and D_____.
Both boys have gained about 5 pounds in the last month. Their hair has been growing, too. A__ is described as "so kind, obedient, and easy-going." They say he loves running and playing soccer, and he is excited to meet his family. D___ is making a great adjustment in the transition home. When he arrived, he was considered "quiet and reserved," but now he is described as playful and happy.
Ethan and Abby have obviously had a lot to process in the last few days. It was hard for them to have Daddy away for a few days, but they were troopers. Yesterday, as they were coloring and I was doing schoolwork, I overheard this conversation:
E: Do you know why the dinosaurs died?
E: Because they lived a L--O--N--G time ago . . . before Mom and Dad got married.