Thursday, November 12, 2009

Definitely Still Learning

How is it possible that the same boy who lashed out at me, spitting out the words: "I think you are a yucky mommy!"...
...How could he be the same boy who sat on my lap as we discussed the Biblical story of Stephen, as we talked about how sometimes people will do things that hurt you even though you haven't really done anything wrong...how someone might push or hit or say mean things...
...How could that same boy turn and look at me with clear eyes and firmly state, "But not love, love doesn't hurt"?

Perhaps I understand a bit of the heavenly Father's heart tonight?

"Hallelujah! Thank God! And why? Because he's good, because his love lasts" (Psalm 106 -- read the whole thing to really get the picture!)

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Friday, I wouldn't let Martin wear flip flops. (it's cold in Ohio!)

He told me he didn't like America.

Ahh..yes... three year olds not getting their way.