Tuesday, September 2, 2008

For the Love of Summer

We were blessed with a great day on the beach in New Hampshire last weekend. For me (and certainly most kids I know), beach days are wonder-full. There is the incredible sparkle of dry sand...the surprise splash of an incoming wave...the joy of friendships...the slurping and squelching of wet sand being dug into by small shovels or clawing fingers...the unique ocean smells...the toe-pulling of a receding surf...the capacity for sound travel, enabling the hearing of children's shrieks and giggles across the beach...the strong, yet still refreshing breeze...the tiny, beautiful shells and stones...






"...everything comes from him; everything exists by his power and is intended for his glory. To him be glory evermore. Amen." (Romans 11:36)

2 comments:

Laura Fenske said...

Oh, man...I miss you guys so, so much. Or should I say I miss you wicked bad? :)

Garrett saw your main picture on the blog and when I asked who it was, he cried out, Abbie! And Ethan! And their mommy! Sorry, Mike, he didn't include you, but I pointed you out just so you wouldn't be the only one not mentioned. :) I have to be honest, hearing him say your names and knowing that he remembers you guys with such enthusiasm it made me cry. I think it stinks that you are all the way across the country.

I'm so glad to have your blog.

Helen said...

Glad to enjoy the beach with you and the kids. What a gift of a day!