Eight Jadon Favourites
1) Favourite Supper: Ribs with Potatoes
2) Favourite Song: Power Shuffle (from Everest VBS 2015)
3) Favourite Animal: Penguin
4) Favourite Room in our House: Mini-stick Room
5) Favourite Sport: Basketball or Hockey
6) Favourite Book: Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
7) Favourite Colour: Lime Green
8) Favourite Dessert: Fudge Balls
And Jadon is our favourite brand-new eight-year-old! He is charming and smart, entertaining and affectionate. Jadon notices and remembers lots of little details of life (like number patterns in random places or the birthdays of people he met once), even if he cannot remember the ten things he has to do every morning before school. He loves to sing and dance and act and laugh. Although he generally appears to take life lightly, there are things about which he can be very serious. People might not know that he gets nervous about being in front of an unfamiliar crowd or performing under evaluation. He also loves symbolism, from Roman numerals to religious banners.
Bill Watterson, the man behind the "Calvin and Hobbes" comics, once said, “We're so busy watching out for what's just ahead of us that we don't take time to enjoy where we are.” Jadon defies this quote all the time, and, in so doing, he teaches us to find joy
in each moment, too.
Happy eighth birthday, Jadon. We love you!